Midgley, Clare, 1955-, Feminism and empire , 2007
- Feminism and empire : women activists in imperial Britain, 1790-1865 / Clare Midgley.
- London ; Routledge, 2007.
New York : Routledge, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- x, 206 p. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryHQ1593 .M53 2007 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -200) and index.
- The "woman question" in Imperial Britain -- Sweetness and power : the domestic woman and anti-slavery politics -- White women saving brown women? British Women and the campaign against sati -- Can women be missionaries? Imperial philanthropy, female agency and feminism -- Feminism, colonial emigration and the new model Englishwoman.
- Subject Terms:
- Feminism -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century.Feminism -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Women -- Great Britain -- Political activity -- History -- 18th century.Women -- Great Britain -- Political activity -- History -- 19th century.Women -- Great Britain -- Social conditions.