Books on the move , 2007
Books on the move : tracking copies through collections and the book trade / edited by Robin Myers, Michael Harris, and Giles Mandelbrote.
- New Castle, DE : Oak Knoll Press ; 2007.
London : British Library, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 164 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ291.7 .B66 2007 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "The present volume is the twenty-seventh in the series of proceedings of the annual conference on book trade history, which started in 1979. This conference was held at Wesley's Chapel in City Road on 1 and 2 December 2006, under the auspices of the Antiquarian Booksellers' Association ..."--Introd.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Book collecting -- Europe -- History -- Congresses.Book industries and trade -- Europe -- History -- Congresses.Books -- Provenance -- Congresses.Manuscripts -- Collectors and collecting -- Europe -- History -- Congresses.Private libraries -- Europe -- History -- Congresses.
- Lost : the destruction, dispersal, and rediscovery of manuscripts / Peter Beal
- What can we learn by tracking multiple copies of books? / David Pearson
- The creation and dispersal of the library of Gian Vincenzo Pinelli / Angela Nuovo
- Books from the library of Andrea Dudith (1533-89) in the library of Isaac Vossius (1618-89) / Astrid Balsern
- From Venice and Naples to Paris, The Hague, London, Oxford, Berlin-- : the odyssey of the manuscript collection of Gerard and Johan Meerman / Jos van Heel
- Pathways to survival of books of hours printed in Italy in the fifteenth century / Cristina Dondi
- Bibliophily and public-private partnership : the library of Gustave van Havre (1817-92) and its afterlife in Antwerp libraries / Pierre Delsaerdt.