Bowron, Edgar Peters, Pompeo Batoni , 2007
- Pompeo Batoni : prince of painters in eighteenth-century Rome / Edgar Peters Bowron and Peter Björn Kerber.
- New Haven : Yale University Press ; 2007.
Houston : Museum of Fine Arts, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 230 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.B297 B672 2007 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Catalog of an exhibition at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, Oct. 21, 2007-Jan. 27, 2008 and at the National Gallery, London, Feb. 20-May 18, 2008.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Inventive storytelling: the early subject pictures -- Batoni's British patrons and the grand tour -- Painter of princes and prince of painters -- Restorer of the Roman school: final years and reception -- Drawings, working methods, and studio practices.
- Subject Terms:
- Batoni, Pompeo, 1708-1787 -- Criticism and interpretation.Batoni, Pompeo, 1708-1787 -- Exhibitions.