Donald, Diana, Picturing animals in Britain, 1750-1850 , 2007
Picturing animals in Britain, 1750-1850 / by Diana Donald.
- New Haven : Yale University Press for the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 377 p. : col. ill. ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryN7660 D67 2007 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 307-368) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Animals -- Social aspects -- Great Britain.Animals and civilization -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century.Animals and civilization -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Animals in art.Art, British -- 18th century.Art, British -- 19th century.
- 'Contemplations on the world of life' : natural science and the representation of animals in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries
- 'The psychology of beasthood' : from anthropocentrism to anthropomorphism
- Animals 'wild' and 'tame' : the imperium of civilised man
- The imagery of the hunt : a study in ambiguity.