Table settings , c2010
Table settings : the material culture and social context of dining, AD 1700-1900 / edited by James Symonds.
- Oxford, [UK] ; Oxbow Books, c2010.
Oakville, Conn. : Oxbow Books, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 181 p. : ill., maps ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryGT2850 .T316 2010 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes papers presented at conference entitled "The table : the material culture and social context of dining in the historical periods," held at University of Sheffield, April 23-25, 2004.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Subject Terms:
- Archaeology and history -- Congresses.Dinners and dining -- Social aspects -- History -- 18th century -- Congresses.Dinners and dining -- Social aspects -- History -- 19th century -- Congresses.Food habits -- History -- 18th century -- Congresses.Food habits -- History -- 19th century -- Congresses.Material culture -- History -- 18th century -- Congresses.Material culture -- History -- 19th century -- Congresses.Social archaeology -- Congresses.Social history -- 18th century -- Congresses.Social history -- 19th century -- Congresses.