Table settings , c2010
Table settings : the material culture and social context of dining, AD 1700-1900 / edited by James Symonds.
- Oxford, [UK] ; Oxbow Books, c2010.
Oakville, Conn. : Oxbow Books, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 181 p. : ill., maps ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryGT2850 .T316 2010 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes papers presented at conference entitled "The table : the material culture and social context of dining in the historical periods," held at University of Sheffield, April 23-25, 2004.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Subject Terms:
- Archaeology and history -- Congresses.Dinners and dining -- Social aspects -- History -- 18th century -- Congresses.Dinners and dining -- Social aspects -- History -- 19th century -- Congresses.Food habits -- History -- 18th century -- Congresses.Food habits -- History -- 19th century -- Congresses.Material culture -- History -- 18th century -- Congresses.Material culture -- History -- 19th century -- Congresses.Social archaeology -- Congresses.Social history -- 18th century -- Congresses.Social history -- 19th century -- Congresses.