Bhreathnach-Lynch, Síghle, Ireland's art, Ireland's history , 2007
- Ireland's art, Ireland's history : representing Ireland, 1845 to present / Síghle Bhreathnach-Lynch.
- Omaha, Neb. : Creighton University Press, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 290 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryN6788 .B73 2007 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Irish art/Irish history : representing Ireland's identities -- A National Gallery for Ireland : issues of ideological significance -- Imaging the past : the marriage of Strongbow and Aoife : reconstruction and reality -- Framing the Irish : Victorian paintings of the Irish peasant -- Painting the West : the role of landscape in Irish identity -- Landscape, space, and gender : their role in the construction of female identity in newly independent Ireland -- The Church and the artist 1922-45 -- The Academy of Christian Art (1929-46) : an aspect of Catholic cultural life in newly independent Ireland -- Framing Ireland's history : art, politics, and representation 1914-29 -- "Executed" : the political commissions of Albert G. Power (1881-1945) -- Public monuments in Ireland (1840-1949) : barometers of political change -- Commemorating whose dead? : a study of two Irish gardens of remembrance -- Jack B. Yeats : "A pure and a mature expression of Irish nationalism in art" -- Revisionism, The Rising, and representation.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Irish -- History.Art, Modern -- 19th century -- Ireland.Art, Modern -- 20th century -- Ireland.Ireland -- Historiography.Nationalism and art -- Ireland.