Pears, Iain, The discovery of painting , 1988
- The discovery of painting : the growth of interest in the arts in England 1680-1768 / Iain Pears.
- New Haven, Conn. ; published for the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art by Yale University Press, 1988.
London : published for the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art by Yale University Press, 1988.
- Physical Description:
- x, 291 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryND466 P38 1988 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes index.
Bibliography: p. 270-282.
- Subject Terms:
- Aesthetics.Art patronage -- England.Painting -- England -- History.Painting, English -- Collectors and collecting.