Wild, J. C. (John Caspar), approximately 1804-1846, lithographer, Panorama and views of Philadelphia and its vicinity , 1838
- Panorama and views of Philadelphia and its vicinity : embracing a collection of twenty views / from paintings by J.C. Wild ; with poetical illustrations of each subject by Andrew M'Makin .
- Philadelphia : Published at J.T. Bowen's Lithographic and Print Coloring Establishment, 94 Walnut St., 1838.
- Physical Description:
-  pages, , 20 leaves of plates : illustrations ; 36 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF158.44.P16 W55 1838+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The first four unnumbered leaves of plates are views from the State House steeple and form the panorama of Philadelphia.
"Price, five dollars."--Title page.
"Entered according to an Act of Congress, in the year 1838, by J.T. Bowen, in the Clerk's Office, of the District Court, for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
Checklist Amer. imprints, 52121
Howes, W. U.S.iana, 1650-1950 (1962 edition), 11072
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original purple cloth. Morocco title label on front cover: Panorama and views of Philadelphia and its vicinity/
BEIN 2008 Folio 4: In case.
- 1. Fairmount, from the basin -- 2. United States Bank -- 3. Merchants' Exchange -- 4. View from the inclined plane -- 5. The Girard Colleg -- 6. Eastern Penitentiary -- 7. U.S. Naval Asylum -- 8. Alms House -- 9. Moyamensing Prison -- 10. Philadelphia, from the Navy Yard -- 11. State House -- 12. Pennsylvania Institution for the Instruction of the Blind -- 13. Pennsylvania Hospital -- 14. Market Street -- 15. University of Pennsylvania -- 16. U.S. Mint. 17 -- Christ Church -- 18. Manayunk -- 19. St. John's Church -- 20. Laurel Hill Cemetery.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Buildings, structures, etc.Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Description and travel.Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- 1838.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.