Robins, Anna Gruetzner, A fragile modernism , 2007
- A fragile modernism : Whistler and his impressionist followers / Anna Greutzner Robins.
- New Haven : Yale University Press, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 239 p. : ill., ports. ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.W57 R63 2007 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Framing Whistler's impressionism or the impressionist frame -- Whistler and his impressionist followers at the Royal Society Of British Artists -- Whistler's new portraits: representing the modern woman -- Defining Impressionism at the New English Art Club -- Impressionist London: Whistler, Sickert and their followers -- Painting and surface: a definition of impressionism in Britain.
- Subject Terms:
- Impressionism (Art) -- England.Whistler, James McNeill, 1834-1903 -- Criticism and interpretation.Whistler, James McNeill, 1834-1903 -- Influence.Women in art -- 19th century.