Robins, Anna Gruetzner, A fragile modernism , 2007
A fragile modernism : Whistler and his impressionist followers / Anna Greutzner Robins.
- New Haven : Yale University Press, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 239 p. : ill., ports. ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.W57 R63 2007 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Impressionism (Art) -- England.Whistler, James McNeill, 1834-1903 -- Criticism and interpretation.Whistler, James McNeill, 1834-1903 -- Influence.Women in art -- 19th century.
- Framing Whistler's impressionism or the impressionist frame
- Whistler and his impressionist followers at the Royal Society Of British Artists
- Whistler's new portraits: representing the modern woman
- Defining Impressionism at the New English Art Club
- Impressionist London: Whistler, Sickert and their followers
- Painting and surface: a definition of impressionism in Britain.