IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Howard, Maurice, The building of Elizabethan and Jacobean England , c2007
The building of Elizabethan and Jacobean England / Maurice Howard.
- New Haven : Published for the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art by Yale University Press, c2007.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 227 p. : ill. (some col.), maps (some col.) ; 27 cm.
- Reference LibraryNA965 .H69 2007 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 199-215) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture and society -- England -- History -- 16th century.Architecture and society -- England -- History -- 17th century.Architecture, Elizabethan -- England.Architecture, Jacobean -- England.Buildings -- Remodeling for other use -- England.
- 'Transformation': an introduction
- 'Bare ruin'd choirs' re-visited
- 'All this "new" building': the urban landscape
- A language for architecture
- The role of patrons
- Representing buildings.