IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Cowley, Abraham, 1618-1667, The mistress , MCMXXVI 
The mistress : with other select poems of Abraham Cowley, 1618-1667 / edited by John Sparrow.
- London : The Nonesuch Press, MCMXXVI 
Scotland : R. &. R. Clark, 1926.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 213,  pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3372 .M57 1926Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Title vignette (portrait)
"This edition consists of 1050 numbered copies on Dutch rag paper. It has been printed and made in Scotland by R. & R. Clark, for the Nonesuch Press in Monotype Bodoni."--Colophon.
Paper label on spine.
Includes bibliographical references.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 34
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 933 of 1050. Bound in publisher's original brown buckram.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry -- 17th century.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Engravings -- 1926.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.