Gill, Eric, 1882-1940, Id quod visum placet , MCMXXVI 
- Id quod visum placet : a practical test of the beautiful. / by Eric Gill, T.O.S.D.
- Waltham Saint Lawrence : The Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXVI 
- Physical Description:
- 19 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBH221.G74 G5 1926Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With an engraved frontispiece by the author.
"This book was printed by Robert Gibbings at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence, for Eric Gill, Capel-y-ffin, Abergavenny, and completed on the xvii day of September, MCMXXVI. Compositors: A.H. Gibbs & F. Young. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. The edition is limited to 150 copies." --Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 77 of 150, signed by the author. Bound in publisher's original gray quarter buckram and purple boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Aesthetics.Gill, Eric, 1882-1940 -- Autograph.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Engravings -- 1926.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.