Maisse, André Hurault, sieur de, 1539-1607, De Maisse , 1931
- De Maisse : a journal of all that was accomplished by Monsieur de Maisse, ambassador in England from King Henri IV to Queen Elizabeth, anno Domini 1597 / translated from the French and edited with an introduction by G. B. Harrison, reader in English literature in the University of London, and R.A. Jones, lecturer in French at King's College University of London.
- Bloomsbury : The Nonesuch Press, 16 Great James Street, 1931.
Edinburgh : R. & R. Clark, Limited, 1931.
- Physical Description:
- , iii-xvii, , 146 pages ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA350 .M35 1931Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "De Maisse's Journal has not hitherto been printed ... The original manuscript has apparently disappeared, but there are no less than six seventeenth-century transcripts of it in Paris ... a modern copy of one of these (Bibl. nat. fonds fr. 15974) is included in the Baschet transcripts of French archives in the Public record office. Our translation is based principally on this transcript."--Introduction.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 77
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original dark tan buckram.
- Subject Terms:
- France -- Foreign relations -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- France.Great Britain -- History -- Elizabeth, 1558-1603 -- Sources.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.