Heartsease and honesty : being the Pastimes of the Sieur de Grammont, steward to the Duc de Richelieu in Touraine / taken from his notebooks written in French, never before printed & here made English by Helen Simpson.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1935.
- Physical Description:
- , 5-77,  pages ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPQ1799.G68 H43 1935Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Translation of unpublished notebooks with title Passetemps.
"The book of Heartease and Honesty has been printed in Great Britain by Christopher Sandford, Francis J. Newbery, and Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, 10 Staple Inn, London, and completed on the last day of September, 1935. The edition is limited to 300 copies of which nos. 1-25 are printed on hand-made paper, and nos. 26-300 on mould-made paper. 250 copies only for sale."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 108
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 249 of 300; signed by the translator. Bound in blue quarter cloth and white and red patterned boards.
- Subject Terms:
- France -- Social life and customs.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Simpson, Helen, 1897-1940 -- Autograph.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
YCBA Collections Search
Gramont, Scipion de, sieur de Saint Germain, -approximately 1638, Heartsease and honesty , 1935
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.