Oxford books; a bibliography of printed works relating to the university and city of Oxford or printed or published there. With appendixes, annals, and illustrations... By Falconer Madan.
- Oxford, Clarendon press, 1895-1931.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. front., facsims. (part double) 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ152.O9 M33 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vol. 1 published under title, "The early Oxford press; a bibliography of printing and publishing at Oxford '1468'-1640 ..." An extra t.-p. "Oxford books... Vol. 1" is inserted as a loose leaf in v. 2, to be mounted in copies of "The early Oxford press," if desired. This volume issued also as Publication of the Oxford historical society, v. 29.
Vol. 3 contains "Additions and corrections" to v. 1-3 (p. 435-472) and a general index to the three volumes.
- Subject Terms:
- English literature -- England -- Oxford -- Bibliography.Oxford (England) -- Bibliography.Oxford University Press.Printing -- England -- Oxford -- History.
- v. 1. The early Oxford press, 1468-1640. 1895.--v. 2. Oxford literature, 1450-1640, and 1641-1650. 1912.--v. 3. Oxford literature, 1651-1680. 1931.