Travels in Central America, particularly in Nicaragua : with a description of its aboriginal monuments, scenery and people, their languages, institutions, religion, &c., illustrated by numerous maps and coloured illustrations / by E.G. Squier, late chargé-d'affaires of the United States to the Republics of Central America ; in two volumes.
- Additional Title(s):
Central America and Nicaragua
- [New York] : D. Appleton & Co., Publishers, New York, MDCCCLIII 
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF1523 .S72 1853Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Spine title: Central America and Nicaragua.
"Lithography by Sarony and Major; wood engravings by J.W. Orr: from original drawings, chiefly by James M'Donough."--P. [xiii].
A reissue of the author's Nicaragua; its people, scenery, monuments, and the proposed interoceanic canal ... New York, D. Appleton & co., 1852.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 674
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's blind-stamped green cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Indians of Central America.Nicaragua -- Description and travel.Nicaragua Canal (Nicaragua) -- Description and travel.Westleys and Co. -- Binder.
- Chromolithographs -- 1853.
Wood engravings -- 1853.
Lithographs -- 1853.
YCBA Collections Search
Squier, E. G. (Ephraim George), 1821-1888, Travels in Central America, particularly in Nicaragua , MDCCCLIII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.