Francis Bacon : the violence of the real / edited by Armin Zweite in collaboration with Maria Müller ; texts by Peter Bürger ... [et al.].
- Additional Title(s):
Violence of the real
- London : Thames & Hudson, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 254 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 23 x 31 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.B13 A12 2006 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Catalog of an exhibition held at K20 Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen, Düsseldorf, Sept. 16, 2006-Jan. 7, 2007.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 251-254).
- Subject Terms:
- Bacon, Francis, 1909-1992 -- Exhibitions.
- The portrait as a problem for modernist art : Bacon, Picasso and the surrealist impulse / Peter Bürger
- Francis Bacon : extreme points of realism / Martin Harrison
- Working documents from Francis Bacon's studio
- Bacon's scream : observations on some of the artist's paintings / Armin Zweite
- Paintings 1945-1991 / commentaries by Frank Laukötter and Maria Müller
- Image-affect : Bacon, Stein and Eisenstein / Daria Kolacka
- Accident, instinct and inspiration, affect and the unconscious : Bacon's aesthetic ideas, seven remarks / Armin Zweite.