Mercer, Kobena, 1960-, Exiles, diasporas & strangers , c2008
Exiles, diasporas & strangers / Kobena Mercer.
- Additional Title(s):
Exiles, diasporas and strangers
- Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press ; c2008.
London ; c2008.
Iniva, Institute of International Visual Arts, c2008.
- Physical Description:
- 224 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryN72 G55 M47 2008 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 216-218).
- Subject Terms:
- Art and globalization.Culture and globalization.Modernism (Art) -- Cross-cultural studies.
- Unmapped trajectories: early sculpture and architecture of a 'Nigerian' modernity / Ikem Stanley Okoye
- The turn of the primitive: modernism, the stranger and the indigenous artist / Ruth B. Phillips
- Aboriginal modernism in central Australia / Ian McLean
- The artifice of modern(ist) art history / Steven Mansbach
- Diaspora aesthetics: exploring the African diaspora in the works of Aaron Douglas, Jacob Lawrence and Jean-Michel Basquiat / Sieglinde Lemke
- Adrian Piper, 1970-1975: exiled on main street / Kobena Mercer
- Conceptualising 'Black' British art through the lens of exile / Amna Malik
- Diaspora, trauma and the poetics of remembrance / Jean Fisher.