Cambridge University boating costumes.
- Cambridge : W. Metcalf & Son, [1880?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( p.) : all ill. ; 32 x 39 cm, folded to 10 x 11 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV807.7.C3 C36 1880Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 623
Hiler, H. Bibliography of costume, p. 134
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, p. 7
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's (?) original gilt-stamped blue cloth. Trade advertisement for Hôtel et restaurant du Prince de Galles. Sidney Street, Cambridge on front pastedown.
Lithograph depicting the boating costumes of 17 colleges of Cambridge University.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Boats and boating -- England -- Cambridge.Clothing and dress -- England -- Cambridge.Costume -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Costume -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Panoramas -- England -- Specimens.Rowing -- England -- Pictorial works.Sports -- Great Britain -- 19th century.University of Cambridge -- Pictorial works.W. Metcalf & Son -- Publishers
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1880.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.