Boime, Albert, Art in an age of counterrevolution, 1815-1848 , 2004
Art in an age of counterrevolution, 1815-1848 / Albert Boime.
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 750 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryN6757 .B64 2004 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Publisher description
Contributor biographical information
Table of contents
- Includes bibliographical references and (p. 659-709) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and society.Art, American -- 19th century.Art, European -- 19th century.Counterrevolutions -- Europe -- History -- 19th century.Europe -- History -- 1815-1848.
- Congress of Vienna: conceptualizing counterrevolution
- Restoration bliss: the Nazarenes
- Restoration horror: Part I
- Restoration horror: part II
- Charles X: French absolutism's last stand
- Counterrevolution of the July monarchy: an umbrella organization, 1830-1848
- Fractures in the juste milieu
- Counterrevolutionary origins of photography and modern landscape painting
- Counterrevolution in America: a comparison
- England and the transition: Romanticism to Realism.