Boime, Albert, Art in an age of counterrevolution, 1815-1848 , 2004
Art in an age of counterrevolution, 1815-1848 / Albert Boime.
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 750 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryN6757 .B64 2004 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Publisher description
Contributor biographical information
Table of contents
- Includes bibliographical references and (p. 659-709) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and society.Art, American -- 19th century.Art, European -- 19th century.Counterrevolutions -- Europe -- History -- 19th century.Europe -- History -- 1815-1848.
- Congress of Vienna: conceptualizing counterrevolution
- Restoration bliss: the Nazarenes
- Restoration horror: Part I
- Restoration horror: part II
- Charles X: French absolutism's last stand
- Counterrevolution of the July monarchy: an umbrella organization, 1830-1848
- Fractures in the juste milieu
- Counterrevolutionary origins of photography and modern landscape painting
- Counterrevolution in America: a comparison
- England and the transition: Romanticism to Realism.