Charlesworth, Michael, Dr, Landscape and vision in nineteenth-century Britain and France , c2008
Landscape and vision in nineteenth-century Britain and France / Michael Charlesworth.
- Aldershot, England ; Ashgate, c2008.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2008.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 186 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryNX650.L34 C43 2008 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -181) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Arts, British -- 19th century -- Themes, motives.Arts, French -- 19th century -- Themes, motives.Gardens in art.Landscape in art.Perception.
- Ghosts and visions
- Into the abyss of time
- Reverie and imagination
- Cythera and the loss of Venus in France
- The 'new Cythera' : Bougainville, Hodges, Gauguin in Tahiti
- Monet re-states and Mallarmé suggests the subject-matter.