The art of natural history : illustrated treatises and botanical paintings, 1400-1850 / edited by Therese O'Malley and Amy R. W. Meyers.
- Washington : National Gallery of Art, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 279 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryQH46.5 .A78 2008 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibiographical references and index.
"Proceedings of the symposium 'The Art and History of Botanical Painting and Natural History Treatises,' sponsored by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation in honor of Franklin D. Murphy. The symposium was held 3-4 May 2002 in Washington."
- Subject Terms:
- Art and science -- Congresses.Natural history illustration -- Congresses.
YCBA Collections Search
The art of natural history , 2008