Moore, Henry, 1898-1986, Henry Moore shelter-sketch-book , 
- Henry Moore shelter-sketch-book : with 80 facsimile collotypes and one original lithograph by the artist.
- Alternate Title(s):
Shelter sketch book
- London : Marlborough Fine Art Ltd.; 
Berlin : Rembrandt Verlag, 
- Physical Description:
-  p., 81 leaves : ill. ; 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2008 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Seven lithographs were made for inclusion in the facsimile edition of Henry Moore's Shelter Sketchbook which consists of eighty drawings reproduced by collotype and a preface by the artist. There are French, German, Italian and two English editions A and B each of 180 copies all with one specially designed lithograph printed on hand made paper. Each print is signed by the artist and numbered 1/180 to 180/180. There is also an édition de tête of 75 copies contained in parchment boxes consisting of the facisimile collotypes and two specially designed lithographs numbered 1/75 to 75/75 plus the five lithographs of the different editions already mentioned numbered I/LXXV to LXXV/LXXV. Five copies of each lithograph were printed for the artist and marked A to E."--Cf. Henry Moore, catalogue of graphic work.
Each facsimile collotype measures 19 x 16 cm, on mounts 37 x 31 cm.
The collotypes were printed by Ganymed Press Berlin and the lithographs by J. E. Wolfensberger, Zurich.
Henry Moore, catalogue of graphic work. [Edited by] Gérald Cramer, Alistair Grant [and] David Mitchinson. Geneva : G. Cramer, 1973, v. 1.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. XLII of 75 of the édition de tête.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists -- Great Britain.Ganymed Press -- Printer.Lithography -- Great Britain -- Specimens.Marlborough Fine Art Ltd. -- Publisher.Moore, Henry, 1898-1986 -- Catalogs.Sculptors -- Great Britain.Wolfensberger, J. E. -- Printer.
- Chromolithographs -- 1967.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.