The Ladies' Field Club of York / by Mark Dion & J. Morgan Puett.
- York [England] : Impressions Gallery, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( panels) : ill. ; 18 x 130 cm. folded to 18 x 10 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN6537.D56 L33 1999Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
Of green leaf, bird, and flower: artists' books and the natural world, p. 55
"The Ladies' Field Club of York is an imaginary group of women amateur natural scientists from the 19th century who, in pursuit of their studies, made field trips in a specially designated railway carriage. Part installation, part photographic fiction, 'The Ladies' Field Club of York' is the work of artists Mark Dion and J. Morgan Puett and has been created for the National Railway Museum. Central to the work are these eight photographic portraits of the seven members of the field club and their trusted porter. These portraits have been made using the exact styling conventions and techniques of late Victorian studio portraiture. The models employed for the portraits are contemporary art curators currently working in Britain ..."--Introductory text.
- Subject Terms:
- Art museums -- England -- London -- Exhibitions.Dion, Mark, 1961- -- Exhibitions.Impressions Gallery -- PublisherInstallations (Art) -- Exhibitions.National Railway Museum -- Exhibitions.Photography -- Great Britain.Women scientists -- Pictorial works.
- Accordion fold format (Binding)
Exhibition catalogs -- England -- London -- 1999.
Photographs -- 1999.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.