- Edinburgh : Morning Star, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- 32 p. ; 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.35.G7 P37 1999Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The artists include: Donald Evans, Lawrence Weiner, Zoe̋ Irvine, Devin Henderson, Ian Hamilton Finlay, Simon Patterson, Jim Hamlyn, Gerry Loose, Laurie Clark, herman de vries, Choreh Feyzdjou, Alan Woods, John Nicol, Alec Finlay, Alexander Braun, Erlend Brown, Neal Geggs, Dan Shipsides, David Bellingham, Angus Farquhar, Lesley Kerman, Pavlo Kerestey, Titus Nolte, John Nicol, Jim Harold, David Faithfull, Jorn Ebner, Lesley Kerman, Simon Patterson, Herman De Vries, and John Mitchell.
Title page completed in pen and blue ink.
"Passport is published in an edition of 750 copies. Passport is dedicated to (a) Hans Waanders, and (b) Zoë Irvine ... published on the occasion of the exhibition Free State, Art.tm, Inverness ..."--Colophon.
Bound in limp black boards.
In English and German.
Passport, organized by Alec Finlay, is an artist's book mimicing the form of a passport, and featuring passport-like stamps or seals by various artists. The stamps name invented countries or states of being (e.g. Halcyon (Hans Waanders) and "State of sweet pain" (Angus Farquhar/Susan Brind)). A key to the artists and their designs is provided in the Notes, p. 30-31.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Imaginary places.Morning Star -- Publisher.Passports.Rubber stamp art -- Great Britain.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.