Wind blown cloud / Alec Finlay.
- Edinburgh : Morning Star, 2003.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : chiefly ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.F44 W56 2003 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.F44 W56 2003 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Inspired by the seventeenth-century Japanese poet Bashō's "The narrow road to the Deep North, and other travel sketches," with its description of being "drawn like a wind blown cloud" on a wandering spring journey.
Produced by Alex Findlay for the Archive of Wind Blown Clouds, to coincide with the exhibit "Wind Blown Clouds" shown during the summer of 2003 at BALTIC: the Centre for Contemporary Art, Gateshead. Some works also displayed were part of Alec Finlay's artist projects at the Orchard Agency, Derry (Summer) and at the Brighton Photo Biennial (Autumn).
Limited edition of 1,100 copies.
Includes the archive's bulletin for 2003 and a list of contributors to the archive.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies both in original illustrated binding.
- Subject Terms:
- Archive of Wind Blown Clouds.Artists' books -- Great Britain.Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art -- Exhibitions.Clouds -- Pictorial works.Finlay, Alec -- Exhibitions.Matsuo, Bashō, 1644-1694 -- Influence.Matsuo, Bashō, 1644-1694.Morning Star -- Publisher.Photography of clouds -- Specimens.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.