Costumes, or, A short sketch of the manners and customs of the principal foreign inhabitants of the globe / with beautiful coloured engravings.
- Additional Title(s):
Short sketch of the manners and customs of the principal foreign inhabitants of the globe
- London : Published by R. Miller, 24, Old Fish Street Doctors Commons, [ca. 1816]
- Physical Description:
-  p. : . ill. ; 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT510 .C67 1816Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engraved vignette on t.p.
13 plates of national costumes, all except 2 with text on verso. Illustrates Smugglers, Turkish Soldiers, Persians, Hungarians, Russians, Chinese Tartars, Native Americans, Spaniards, Turks, Algerines, Chinese, Highlanders, Fishermen.
Some of the plates also appear in: The panorama of the world, or, An enquiry into the manners, and customs, of the principal foreign inhabitants of the globe. London : R. Miller, ca. 1820.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in rebacked quarter morocco marbled boards. 12 p. of publisher's advertisements at end not included in pagination. Autograph: E. Smith.
- Subject Terms:
- Costume -- Juvenile literature.Costume -- Pictorial works.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1816.Manners and customs -- Juvenile literature.Miller, R. -- Publisher.Smith, E. -- Autograph.
- Juvenile literature -- 1816.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1816.
YCBA Collections Search
Costumes, or, A short sketch of the manners and customs of the principal foreign inhabitants of the globe , [ca. 1816]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.