Livingston, Annie M, Diary kept by Annie M. Livingston during her travels through the Middle East, 1881-1882
- Diary kept by Annie M. Livingston during her travels through the Middle East.
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (77 pages) ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process DS48.L58 J6 1881Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Livingston remarks on specific excursions, Arab customs, etc and travels with Mr. and Mrs. Mac, who are not identified in full. Her journal is signed and dated May 20, 1881 on the endpaper and she departed London on June 16, heading to Lebanon, via Paris and Marseilles, and arriving on July 10. From October 8 - January 26, she is in Beirut, then departs on board "Elere" to Port Said, travelling on to Cairo, Luxor, briefly back to Beirut, then to Jerusalem. She departs from Alexandria on July 4, 1882 to Naples. She was born in 1855, making her 27 during her recorded journey. She married Mr. Macfarlane on April 8, 1885 [a relation of the Macs?] and died at 81 on May 31, 1936 and noted her birthday to be August 10.
- Subject Terms:
- Middle East -- Description and travel.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.