Lectures at home / by Maria Hack.
- Second edition.
- London : Harvey and Darton, Gracechurch Street, 1841.
- Physical Description:
- , xi, , 211,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTP857 .H33 1841Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by F. H. Wall, Castle Terrace, Richmond.
First issued in 1834.
With an added engraved title page.
With bibliographical references.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt- and blind-stamped blue cloth. Inscribed: A prize obtained by Anne Barnard for general good conduct. Dec. 23, 1841. J. L.; [on recto of frontispiece:] Grace Barnard. January 10th, 1859.
- Subject Terms:
- Barnard, Anne -- Prize award from J. L., 1841 Dec. 23.Barnard, Grace -- Autograph, January 10th. 1859.Eye -- Study and teaching.Glass -- Study and teaching.Glass manufacture -- History.Harvey and Darton -- Publisher.J. L. -- Prize award to Anne Barnard, 1841 Dec. 23.Lenses -- Study and teaching.Mirrors -- Study and teaching.Optical instruments -- Study and teaching.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1841.Wall, F. H. -- Printer.
- Lecture I: Discovery and manufacture of glass
- Lecture II: Manufacture of glass, continued
- Lecture III: Refraction, lenses, mirrors
- Lecture IV: Spectacles and telescopes
- Lecture V: Microscopes and camera-obscura
- Lecture VI: The eye.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.