The illustrators : the British art of illustration, 1800-2007 / [edited by Fiona Nickerson and David Wootton].
- London : Chris Beetles Ltd., ©2007.
- Physical Description:
- 452 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 21 cm
- Reference LibraryDealerCat Chris Beetles LimitedAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Exhibition catalog.
Included cumulative index of exhibition catalogs in this series.
Includes select bibliography, page 448.
Includes bibliographical references (page 448) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing, British -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.Drawing, British.Great Britain.Illustration of books -- Great Britain -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.Illustration of books -- Great Britain -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Illustration of books -- Great Britain -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.Illustration of books.Illustration.Illustrators -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.Illustrators.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- (Partial conents): 3. The gift book and the nursery book. A. The men. The folk tradition, literary classics & children's literature: illustrated books in the late nineteenth & early twentieth centuries, part 1. B. The women. The folk traditon, literary classics & children's literature: illustrated books in the late nineteenth & early twentieth centuries, part 2
- 4. Arthur Rackham
- 5. William Heath Robinson
- 7. E.H. Shepard
- 12. Edward Ardizzone
- Appendix: Books illustrated by Florence Harrison [bibliography].