The illustrators , ©2007
The illustrators : the British art of illustration, 1800-2007 / [edited by Fiona Nickerson and David Wootton].
- London : Chris Beetles Ltd., ©2007.
- Physical Description:
- 452 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 21 cm
- Reference LibraryDealerCat Chris Beetles LimitedAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exhibition catalog.
Included cumulative index of exhibition catalogs in this series.
Includes select bibliography, page 448.
Includes bibliographical references (page 448) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing, British -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.Drawing, British.Great Britain.Illustration of books -- Great Britain -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.Illustration of books -- Great Britain -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Illustration of books -- Great Britain -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.Illustration of books.Illustration.Illustrators -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.Illustrators.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- (Partial conents): 3. The gift book and the nursery book. A. The men. The folk tradition, literary classics & children's literature: illustrated books in the late nineteenth & early twentieth centuries, part 1. B. The women. The folk traditon, literary classics & children's literature: illustrated books in the late nineteenth & early twentieth centuries, part 2
- 4. Arthur Rackham
- 5. William Heath Robinson
- 7. E.H. Shepard
- 12. Edward Ardizzone
- Appendix: Books illustrated by Florence Harrison [bibliography].