King, Ronald, 1932-, Alphabeta concertina , 2007
- Alphabeta concertina / Ronald King.
- [3rd ed.]
- Guildford [England] : Circle Press, 2007
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( p.) : ill. ; 16 x 281 cm, folded to 16 x 11 cm, in boards 17 x 12 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.K55 A46 1983 FlatYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Single strip is folded accordion-style to form 54 page surfaces, on every two of which is formed, by cutting of the paper, a letter of the alphabet, A-M on one side of the strip, N-Z on the other. Only the boards, title page, and colophon contain printing. Issued in a clear PVC tray and sleeve.
"A double-sided concertina alphabet book made up of 26 pop-up capital letters. Two editions of 1000 copies ... cut and creased onto Heritage Book paper and glued to silk screened Heritage Museum end-boards, packed into a clear PVC tray and sleeve."--Cooking the books, describing the original 1983 edition.
"This edition of Alphabeta Concertina is limited to 500 copies printed, cut and creased onto Heritage Book paper and glued to Heritage Museum board (both acid free stocks). The design and construction devised by Ronald King have been used in other Circle Press productions and certain letters have been re-designed since the first and second edition were published in 1983 and 1984."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original PVC tray and sleeve.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Chron. -- 2007.Circle Press -- Publisher.Toy and movable books -- Specimens.
- Pop-up books.
Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.