IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Novice, George William, Lights in art , 1874
Lights in art : a review of ancient and modern pictures : with critical remarks on the present state, treatment, and preservation of oil paintings / by George William Novice, artist.
- Second edition, with improvements
- Edinburgh : Printed by Thomas and Archibald Constable, Printers to the Queen and to the University. Sold by S.S. Anderson, 30 North Bruntsfield Place, 1874.
- Physical Description:
- ix, , 368 p. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND50 .N68 1874Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound in black- and gilt-stamped green cloth publisher's binding.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Conservation and restoration -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Painting -- Conservation and restoration -- Great Britain.Painting -- Conservation and restoration -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Painting -- History.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.