Oes Gafr eto : (a graphic poem) / by Gwylym Lewis.
- [Wales? : Gwylym Lewis, 1998]
- Physical Description:
-  p. : chiefly ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.L4384 O64 1998Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "'This book is the first of what I call a graphic poem, which I see as being like graphic novels, though unlike them, not necessarily having a narrative but being a series of interconnected pictures/prints, that evoke ideas and feelings about the subject matter, in a more poetic subjective way, i.e. like a poem In pictorial images. The theme of this book is an idyllic time and place that exists no more. A smallholding I looked after for several summers, while the owners were away. The title comes from an old Welsh folk song, about counting goats, which seemed right as the smallholding had a lot of goats and their care took up much of the time. G.L. 1998."--Preface.
BAC: British Art Center copy signed by the artist and dated '04.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Lewis, Gwylym -- Autograph.Poetry of places -- Wales.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.