The manufacture of mineral and lake pigments : containing directions for the manufacture of all artificial artists' and painters' colours, enamel colours, soot and metallic pigments : a text-book for manufacturers, merchants, artists and painters / by Dr. Josef Bersch ; translated from the second revised edition by Arthur C. Wright ; with forty-three illustrations in the text.
- London : Scott, Greenwood & Son, 
- Physical Description:
- xv, , 476 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1510 .B47 1901Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Date of publication from the Eng. Cat. of books.
Eng. cat of books, v. 7, p. 97
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blind- and gilt-stamped dark green cloth. With the ink stamp of the National Maritime Museum (London). Later inscription: Personal copy Miss Lewis MJD. 7.12.82.
- Subject Terms:
- Colors.Dyes and dyeing -- Great Britain.Lewis, Miss -- AutographNational Maritime Museum Library -- StampPaint industry and trade -- Great Britain.Pigments -- Manufacture -- Great Britain.Pigments.Scott, Greenwood & Son -- PublisherTextbooks -- England.
- Wood engravings -- 1901.
YCBA Collections Search
Bersch, Josef, 1840-1907, The manufacture of mineral and lake pigments , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.