Investigation, or, Travels in the boudoir / by Caroline A. Halsted, author of "The little botanist."
- Additional Title(s):
Travels in the boudoir
- Second edition.
- London : Smith, Elder and Co., Cornhill, booksellers to Their Majesties, 1837.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, , 296 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK2115 .H35 1837Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engraving by Henry R. Cook; after Caroline Amelia Halsted.
Printed by Stewart and Co., Old Bailey.
Engraved vignette on title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blind-stamped green cloth. Gilt edges. Binder's label: Bound by Westley, Son, and Jarvis. London. Inscribed: Frederick & Olivia Montague from their affectionate grandmother. Casa Spannoechi Siena Augst. 27. 1841.
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament -- Juvenile fiction.Frederick & Olivia Montague -- Pres. insc. from their affectionate grandmother, Casa Spannoechi Siena Aust. 27. 1841.Geography -- Juvenile fiction.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.House furnishings -- Juvenile fiction.Interior decoration -- Juvenile fiction.Parent and child -- Juvenile fiction.Religion -- Juvenile fiction.Westley, Son and Jarvis -- Binder.World history -- Juvenile fiction.
- Carpets : Asiatic and European
- Tapestry and woven hangings
- Modern paper hangings
- Ornamental plumes and feathers
- The same subject continued
- The early history of idolatry
- The present system of heathen worship considered
- Oriental china
- European porcelain
- Rise and progress of the art of writing
- Contents of a writing-desk examined
- The history of the Bible
- The preservation and purity of the scriptures.