Hints for sketching trees from nature, in water colours : with numerous illustrations / by Thomas Hatton.
- Twelfth edition.
- London : George Rowney & Co., Manufacturing Artists' Colourmen, 64, Oxford Street, and Princes Hall, Piccadilly, [ca. 1890]
- Physical Description:
- , 61,  p., IX leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND2113 .H38 1890Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by Henderson, Rait, & Spaulding, London.
"Price one shilling."--Front cover.
Publisher's advertisements on back cover: "Geo. Rowney & Co.'s Treatises on the fine arts."
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 11, p. 895
Bridson, G. Plant, animal & anotomical illustration, p. 83
BAC: British Art Center bound in original yellow glazed card covers. No. 10 on front cover. Round red label pasted to front cover: Nelson, 37 Hanover Street. Edinburgh. 20 p. of publisher's advertisements bound in at end not included in pagination.
- Subject Terms:
- Botanical illustration -- Study and teaching.Drawing books -- Specimens.George Rowney & Co. -- Publisher.Henderson, Rait, & Spaulding -- Printer.Landscape painting -- Study and teaching.Trees in art -- Technique.Watercolor painting -- 19th century -- Great Britain.Watercolor painting -- Study and teaching.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Chromolithographs -- 1890.
Wood engravings -- 1890.
Drawing books -- England -- London -- 1890.
YCBA Collections Search
Hatton, Thomas, Hints for sketching trees from nature, in water colours , [ca. 1890]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.