IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Miles, Leonidas Clint, A guide to sketching from nature in water colours , 1868
A guide to sketching from nature in water colours / by Leonidas Clint Miles ; with numerous illustrations, drawn on stone and wood by the author.
- London : George Rowney & Co., 29, Oxford Street, and 52, Rathbone Place, W., 1868.
- Physical Description:
- 85, 48 p., 8 leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND2241 .M55 1868Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Lithographs by and after Leonidas Clint Miles.
Printed by Henderson, Rait, & Fenton, 23, Berners Street, Oxford Street, W.
With wood-engraved illustrations in the text.
"Price one shilling."--Front cover.
"A list of colours and material for sketching in water colour, manufactured by George Rowney & Company."--48 p. at end.
Back cover of the publisher's original printed wrappers includes advertisement for Rowney's Treatises on the fine arts (series).
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original printed yellow paper wrappers. Label on verso of front wrapper: James Jackson, artists colourman, 66, George Street, Perth.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' materials -- Catalogs.Artists' materials -- Prices.Botanical illlustration -- Study and teaching.Drawing -- Technique.Drawing books -- Specimens.Drawing materials -- Catalogs.George Rowney & Co. -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Henderson, Rait, & Fenton -- Printer.Landscape painting -- Technique.Watercolor painting -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Lithographs -- 1868.
Wood engravings -- 1868.
Drawing books -- England -- London -- 1868.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.