Miller, Fred, decorative artist, The training of a craftsman , 1898
The training of a craftsman / written by Fred Miller ; illustrated by many workers in the art crafts.
- London : J.S. Virtue & Co Limited, 1898.
- Physical Description:
- x, 249, , 9,  p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK1105 .M55 1898Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Ornamental engraved title page.
With illustrations by C.R. Ashbee, Edward Burne-Jones, Walter Crane, J. McNeill Whistler, and others.
Publisher's advertisements on verso of preliminary half-title leaf.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original sage green cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Aesthetic movement (Art) -- Great Britain.Art metal-work -- Great Britain.Arts and crafts movement -- Great Britain.Bookbinding -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Decoration and ornament -- Great Britain.Decorative arts -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Enamel and enameling -- Great Britain.Glass painting and staining -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.J.S. Virtue & Co Limited -- Publisher.Jewelry -- Great Britain.Textiles -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Wallpaper -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Women artists -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Wood-carving -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1898
- The craftsman and nature
- Design and craftsmanship
- Metal work. Repoussé and fine metal-work. Wrought iron
- Enamelling on metal
- Potters and painters
- Glass painters
- Wood carvers
- Women workers in the art crafts
- Surface decoration
- Decoration in relief
- Wall-papers and textiles
- The craftsman up-to-date and his outlook.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.