- Yorkshire : Norman Ackroyd, 2007.
- Physical Description:
-  p., 10 leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 27 x 35 cm + 1 map.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2008 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jason Bacon, Yale BA 1956Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Collection of ten etchings. Includes "Postscript" a poem by Seamus Heaney, a map of the area covered and an introduction by the artist.
"The Atlantic Rock of Inishtearaght is not only the most westerly land of Ireland, but also of Europe. It must have been the last visual image for thousands of emigrants who left their native Ireland for the Americas and elsewhere following the famine."--Page .
"The ten etchings published in editions of 90 with 2 exhibition proofs and 2 printers' proofs. Numbers 1-50 and the proofs are collated into boxed sets ... The etchings are printed by Neil Woodall in Yorkshire from copper plates etched by the artist ... Typography by Niamh Clancy."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 8 of 90, signed by the artist. In original clamshell case.
- Subject Terms:
- Blasket Islands (Ireland) -- Pictorial works.Islands -- Ireland -- Kerry (County) -- Pictorial works.Tearacht Island (Ireland) -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- 2007.
- 1. The cliffs of Moher
- 2. Hags Head
- 3. Loop Head
- 4. Off Brandon Head
- 5. Approaching Inishtearaght
- 6. Inishtearaght
- 7. Skelling from Inishvickillane
- 8. Cathedral Rocks
- 9. Sybil Head
- 10. Magharee Islands.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.