[Muster order for the enrollment into the Gloucestershire militia], August 30, 1770
[Muster order for the enrollment into the Gloucestershire militia].
- [Gloucestershire], August 30, 1770
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( page) : illustrations ; 16 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsUA18.G7 M55 1770 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Title supplied by cataloger.
18th century printed notice, completed in manuscript, issued prior to taking the oath of allegiance, "to serve as a militia-man of the said county of Gloucester ... Parish of Tetbury." Signed and witnessed and dated 30th August, 1770. The oath was to be taken "at the Sign of the White Hart in Tetbury."
BAC: Inscription: To "George Rolph. of the parish of Tetbury Baker" in the said county. Signed in left margin: Saml. Sheppard, [illegible], H. Wyatt. At top of notice is wood engraving of the Royal coat of arms.
Completed in pen and ink.
- Subject Terms:
- Gloucestershire (England) -- History, Military.Militia -- History -- 18th century.Recruiting and enlistment -- History -- 18th century.Recruitment and enlistment -- England -- Early works to 1800.
- Wood engravings -- 1770.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.