Ellis, George, 1753-1815, Specimens of early English metrical romances,, 1848
- Specimens of early English metrical romances, to which is prefixed an historical introduction on the rise and progress of romantic composition in France and England.
- A new edition, revised by J. O. Halliwell.
- London, Henry G. Bohn, 1848.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 600 p. front. (col.) 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2064 E6 1848Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : "Printed by T.R. Harrison."
- Introduction.--Appendix to introduction: Analysis of Peter Alphonsus, Marie's Lays.--Romances relating to Arthur: Merlin, pt. 1-2. Morte Arthur.--[Saxon romances]: Guy of Warwick. Sir Bevis of Hamptoun.--[Anglo-Norman romance]: Richard Coeur de Lion.--Romances relating to Charlemagne: Roland and Ferragus. Sir Otuel. Sir Ferumbras.--[Romances of oriental origin]: The seven wise masters.--[Miscellaneous romances]: Florice and Blauncheflour. Robert of Cysille. Sir Isumbras. Sir Triamour. Life of Ipomydon. Sir Eglamour of Artoys. Lay le Fraine. Sir Eger, Sir Grahame, and Sir Gray-steel. Sir Degoré. Roswal and Lillian. Amys and Amylion.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry -- Middle English, 1100-1500.Romances, English.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.