IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Ellis, George, 1753-1815, Specimens of early English metrical romances,, 1848
Specimens of early English metrical romances, to which is prefixed an historical introduction on the rise and progress of romantic composition in France and England.
- A new edition, revised by J. O. Halliwell.
- London, Henry G. Bohn, 1848.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 600 p. front. (col.) 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2064 E6 1848View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC : "Printed by T.R. Harrison."
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry -- Middle English, 1100-1500.Romances, English.
- Introduction.--Appendix to introduction: Analysis of Peter Alphonsus, Marie's Lays.--Romances relating to Arthur: Merlin, pt. 1-2. Morte Arthur.--[Saxon romances]: Guy of Warwick. Sir Bevis of Hamptoun.--[Anglo-Norman romance]: Richard Coeur de Lion.--Romances relating to Charlemagne: Roland and Ferragus. Sir Otuel. Sir Ferumbras.--[Romances of oriental origin]: The seven wise masters.--[Miscellaneous romances]: Florice and Blauncheflour. Robert of Cysille. Sir Isumbras. Sir Triamour. Life of Ipomydon. Sir Eglamour of Artoys. Lay le Fraine. Sir Eger, Sir Grahame, and Sir Gray-steel. Sir Degoré. Roswal and Lillian. Amys and Amylion.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.