Antmothbeetlemillipedespider / poems [by] Gabriel Gbadamosi ; etchings [by] Mandy Bonnell.
- Additional Title(s):
Ant moth beetle millipede spider
- London : EMH Arts Publications, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( p.) : ill. ; 35 x 770 cm, folded to 35 x 35 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2008 5Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- © The Artist
- "Published by E.M.H. Arts, 2007, in an edition of 20 signed copies with 5 artists proofs ... Hand set and printed typography by Graham Bignell at New North Press, London. Books hand bound by Elizabeth Neville."--Colophon.
Bound in illustrated boards (with applications of cloth), with digitally printed end-papers designed by the artist.
Bonnell's manuscript mock-up for the present work is in the collections of the Yale Center for British Art, Department of Rare Books and Manuscripts (Folio A 2008 5a).
Artists' book yearbook 2006-2007, p. 135
Of green leaf, bird, and flower: artists' books and the natural world, p. 179
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 1 of a limited edition of 20 copies, signed by artist. BAC also has artist's mock-up for the present work, cataloged separately (Folio A 2008 5a; see link herewith).
BAC: British Art Center copy is is accompanied by the artist's finished drawing for page  of the work, depicting patterned insects, in graphite and watercolor (acquired separately).
Comprises 14 etchings by Bonnell and 6 poems by Gbadamosi referencing insects that can be found on the island of Lamu in Kenya. The etchings employ mixed printing techniques, with the insects rendered in etched line and aquatinted tone and texture. Very fine details are added by hand: a fragment of transparent collage to show an insect wing, or a hand-drawn silver line to trace the progress of a slug across the page. Fourth book in a series of personal journeys based around Lamu Island, Kenya.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Bignell, Graham -- Printer.EMH Arts Publications -- Publisher.Insects -- Kenya -- Lamu -- Pictorial works.Insects -- Kenya -- Lamu -- Poetry.Insects in art.Lamu (Kenya) -- In art.Neville, Elizabeth -- Binder.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain
Accordion fold format (Binding).
- IIIF Manifest: