Purcell, Edward, fl. 1812-1831, [Sketchbook, with pen and ink watercolor studies of figures, heads, and rural and classical figures], [ca. 1829?]
- [Sketchbook, with pen and ink watercolor studies of figures, heads, and rural and classical figures].
- [Great Britain?], [ca. 1829?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves ; 24 x 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC660 P87 1829+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Sketchbook, with 10 pen and ink and watercolor studies of heads, rural and classical figures, and concluding with a finished watercolor. Inscribed: E. Purcell. Printed on paper bearing watermark of 1829.
Edward Purcell, Irish miniaturist and draftsman (active 1812-1831) was the author of Sketches in Lithography, containing Forty original Subjects, published in 1822.
Bound in quarter roan and marbled boards. Label mounted on verso of upper board: R. Ackermann's Repository of Arts, 96, Strand, London.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Technique.Drawing books -- Specimens.Figure drawing -- Technique.Figure painting -- Technique.R. Ackermann's Repository of ArtsWatercolor painting -- Technique.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.