The color of life : polychromy in sculpture from antiquity to the present / edited by Roberta Panzanelli ; with Eike D. Schmidt and Kenneth Lapatin ; essays by Roberta Panzanelli ... [et al.].
- Los Angeles : J. Paul Getty Museum : c2008.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 186 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 31 cm.
- Reference LibraryNB1275 .C64 2008 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "This publication is issued in conjunction with the exhibition The Color of Life, held at the J. Paul Getty Museum at the Getty Villa in Malibu, frpm March 6 to June 23, 2008"--P. [iv].
Includes bibliographical references (p. 178-180) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Polychromy -- Exhibitions.
- Beyond the pale: polychromy and Western art / Roberta Panzanelli
- The polychromy of ancient Greek sculpture / Vinzenz Brinkmann
- Emerging colors: Roman sculptural polychromy revived / Jan Stubbe Østergaard
- From color to black and white, and back again: the Middle Ages and early modern times / Marco Collareta
- Colors of sculpture / Alex Potts.