New and Improved map of England and Wales, including the principal part of Scotland : whereon are carefully delineated all the mail and turnpike roads direct and cross : with the various alterations, additions & improvements up to the present time : the whole has been obtained from the most respectable authorities and much valuable information will be found hitherto unnoticed in any other map / by W.R. Gardner.
- London : William Darton, 58 Holborn Hill, 16th. April 1823.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : color ; 74 x 61 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process G5750 .G37 1823Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View a digital version in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale approximately 1:1,000,000 -- (W 6°58'00"--E 2°08'00"/N 56°04'00"--N 49°52'00").
- BEIN 32 1823: Dissected and mounted on linen.
Relief shown by hachures.
"Engraved by W.R. Gardner 367 Strand."
Bar scale given in British statute miles.
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Maps.Great Britain -- Maps.Scotland -- Maps.Wales -- Maps.
YCBA Collections Search
Gardner, W. R., New and Improved map of England and Wales, including the principal part of Scotland , 16th. April 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.