Like breath on glass : Whistler, Inness, and the art of painting softly / Marc Simpson ; with essays by Wanda M. Corn ... [et al.].
- Williamstown, Mass. : Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute ; 2008.
New Haven : Distributed by Yale University Press, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 267 p. : ill. (mostly col.) ; 27 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.W57 S57 2008 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Published on the occasion of an exhibition held at the Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute, Williamstown, Mass., June 22-Oct. 19, 2008.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Inness, George, 1825-1894 -- Exhibitions.Painting, American -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.Painting, American -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Whistler, James McNeill, 1834-1903 -- Exhibitions.
YCBA Collections Search
Simpson, Marc, Like breath on glass , 2008