Willis, Sam, Fighting at sea in the eighteenth century , 2008
Fighting at sea in the eighteenth century : the art of sailing warfare / Sam Willis.
- Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK : Boydell Press ; 2008.
Rochester, N.Y. : Boydell & Brewer, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 254 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryV169 .W554 2008 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -241) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Naval tactics -- History -- 18th century.
- Chase and escape I: speed and performance
- Chase and escape II: the tactics of chasing
- Station keeping
- Unwritten rules
- The weather gage
- Fleet tactics
- Fighting tactics
- Appendix: Fleet battles
- Glossary of nautical terms.