IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Keatinge, Maurice, -1835, Travels in Europe and Africa , 1816
Travels in Europe and Africa / by Colonel Keatinge ; author of, A history of the conquest of Mexico, from the Spanish, Eidometria, or Optic Mensuration, etc. Comprising a journey through France, Spain, and Portugal , to Morocco : with a particular account of that empire : also a second tour through France in 1814, in which a comparison is drawn between the present and former state of that country and its inhabitants : illustrated by numerous plates of scenery, antiquities, and costume, from drawings made by the author.
- London : Printed for Henry Colburn, British and Foreigh Public Library, Conduit-Street, Hanover-Square, 1816.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. in 1. : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG161 .K43 1816+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Separate pagination and register for: Travels in Europe and Africa. Route from the city of Morocco to Tangier.
Printed by Richard and Arthur Taylor, Shoe-Lane, London.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 17
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in gilt-tooled calf. Armorial bookplate: William Savage Wait, Esq. Woodborough Co. Somerset.
- Subject Terms:
- Africa -- Description and travel.Colburn, Henry -- Publisher.Europe, Southern -- Description and travel.France -- Description and travel.Grand tours (Education)Morocco -- Description and travel.Portugal -- Description and travel.Spain -- Description and travel.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1816.Taylor, Richard and Arthur -- Printer.Voyages and travels.Wait, William Savage -- Bookplate.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Aquatints -- 1816.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.