Stevens, Henry Newton, 1855-1930, Ptolemy's geography, 1908
- Ptolemy's geography: a brief account of all the printed editions down to 1730, with notes on some important variations observed in that of Ulm 1482, including the recent discovery of the earliest printed map of the world yet known on modern geographical conceptions in which some attempt was made to depart from ancient tradition. By Henry N. Stevens.
- 2d ed.
- London, H. Stevens, Son and Stiles, 1908.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 62 p. illus. (incl. facsim.) 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryV 1294Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Title in red and black; initials; head and tail pieces.
"The first edition of this ... essay was privately printed in an édition de luxe of only 20 copies, as a descriptive handbook to the Henry Stevens collection of the various editions of Ptolemy's geography, now preserved in the library of Mr. Edward E. Ayer of Chicago."--Pref.
committed to retain 20170930 20421231 HathiTrust To help ensure preservation of print and digital collections, this title is retained by Yale University Library on behalf of the HathiTrust Shared Print Program.
- Subject Terms:
- Ptolemy, active 2nd century -- Bibliography.