St. Aulaire, A. (Achille), 1801-ca. 1889, Voyage autour du monde , [beween 1866 and 1872]
Voyage autour du monde / par St. Aulaire.
- [Paris] : Chez Arnauld de Vresse, Libraire-Editeur, 55, Rue de Rivoli, [beween 1866 and 1872]
- Physical Description:
- 54 p., 24 leaves of plates : ill. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG136 .S25 1866+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Date of publiction inferred from internal evidence: the article on the U.S. mentions the end of the Civil War, and the section on Italy mentions Florence as the capital.
With wood-engraved initials and tail-pieces.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-stamped quarter brown morocco and brown cloth, with white watered-silk endpapers.
Encyclopedic descriptions of 24 countries, each accompanied by a lithographed plate depicting the scenery or inhabitants of the country.
- Subject Terms:
- Geography -- Study and teaching.
- Wood engravings -- 1866-1872.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1866-1872.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.